- 50% of all deaths related to heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes are linked to a poor diet. That is 1000 deaths per day.
- Exercise and a healthy diet have been proven to be more effective in controlling diabetes than medication.
- Medical doctors get less than 25 hours of training regarding nutrition in 4 years of college.
- Less than 20% of medical schools require a single course on nutrition.
- Often a doctor will prescribe one med for blood pressure, one for cholesterol, and one for high blood sugar, while addressing nutrition could resolve all these problems at once.
- Yale’s medical school now offers a class called Culinary Medicine, where how to cook healthy meals is taught.
Journal of American Medical Association
Harvard School of Public Health